- In 2007, April helped establish Yellowstone Country Guardians.
- April recently completed a 4-year stint serving on the board of the Montana Natural History Center.
- April was proud to serve on the board of the Wild Rockies Field Institute, based in Missoula, Montana.
- April helped found and served on the first board of Footloose Montana.
- April has been writing natural history pieces for Yellowstone Association since 2007.
- As a writer and contract attorney for the University of Montana, April has worked on the Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program since 2006.
Community Affinities and artists/writers/creators April is proud to support:
Flagship: April leads the "Writing Circle" at Hellgate High and is a big supporter of this Missoula-based organization that keeps young people engaged in fun, innovative after school programs www.flagshipprogram.org
High Plains Films: Award winning documentary films about relevant, timely issues. Immensely powerful, newly released Facing the Storm tells the story of Yellowstone's bison. http://www.highplainsfilms.org/
Other Nations: If you care about animal issues but don't have the time or know-how to do the research and try to make a difference, keep an eye on Kathleen Stachowski's blogs and the Other Nations website. http://www.othernationsjustice.org/